Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Production Supervisor
at Hormel Foods
Production Supervisor -- Entry Level
Inspired People. Inspired Food.™
Established in 1891, Hormel Foods Corporation is a $9.5 billion Fortune 500 company based in Austin, Minn. Founded upon a commitment to the highest standards of food safety and product quality, Hormel Foods continues to expand as a global maker and marketer of consumer-branded foods. Even after 125 years, Hormel Foods follows the vision of its founder to "Originate, don't imitate," and seeks out people who make that a reality. Employees at Hormel Foods are highly regarded as some of the best and brightest in the industry. A career with Hormel Foods means joining a team of more than 20,000 people dedicated to inspiring each other and bettering food for all. Learn more at www.hormelfoods.com.
Job Purpose: Ensures the successful manufacturing of food products by supervising a staff of approximately 15-30 employees
- Leads team members by managing, and executing plant processes
- Manages team members in attaining production and quality goals
- Ensures appropriate resources (including materials, equipment, and staffing needs) are available to maintain production schedules
- Supports continuous improvement processes to ensure that goals in safety, quality, cost, and customer service are met
- Creates and maintains an engaged and team oriented work force to improve business results
- The position is very hands-on - supervisors are usually in the production area "on-their-feet" about 80% of the shift
- Associates of Science (AS), Associates of Arts (AA), Associates of Applied Science (AAS) or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Agribusiness, Management, Operations, Industrial Management, or related field with a minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA or higher
- Proven leadership, persuasive, initiative, analytical, and communication skills are necessary for success in this position
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or any time in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
- Must be open to relocation
Location and Shift:
- Typical starting locations include Austin, Minnesota; Osceola, Iowa; Rochelle, Illinois; or Fremont, Nebraska. Additional locations includes facilities in Wisconsin, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, and Georgia.
- Location is based on business needs at the time an offer is made
- Most Production Supervisors begin their career on second or third shift
- Approximately six weeks are spent in a hands-on training environment before being promoted to a department
- Production Supervisors partner with other supervisors and managers to learn about our products, the company, and industry dynamics
- Production Supervisors attend a one week new employee orientation at our Corporate Office in Austin, Minnesota. This will include presentations by different divisions to increase product knowledge, company knowledge, and leadership skills.
- A successful Production Supervisor will advance to Lead Supervisor, Superintendent, Plant Manager, International, or Operations Coordinators
- Additional opportunities may exist in different departments, facilities, or subsidiaries
- Hormel Foods' "promote-from-within" philosophy rewards outstanding performance
Hormel Foods offers an excellent benefits package, including competitive base salaries plus yearly bonuses, an annual merit increase performance review, medical, dental, vision, non-contributory pension, profit sharing, 401(k), stock purchase plan, and more.
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.