Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Culinary Development Internship
at Hormel Foods
Culinary Development Intern
Inspired People. Inspired Food.™
Established in 1891, Hormel Foods Corporation is a $9.5 billion Fortune 500 company based in Austin, Minn. Founded upon a commitment to the highest standards of food safety and product quality, Hormel Foods continues to expand as a global maker and marketer of consumer-branded foods. Even after 125 years, Hormel Foods follows the vision of its founder to "Originate, don't imitate," and seeks out people who make that a reality. Employees at Hormel Foods are highly regarded as some of the best and brightest in the industry. A career with Hormel Foods means joining a team of more than 20,000 people dedicated to inspiring each other and bettering food for all. Learn more at www.hormelfoods.com.
Job Purpose: To gain real world experience in the successful development, manufacturing and presentation of food products.
- Work closely with product development scientists/chefs on a wide variety of value added food projects (may require travel to other production facilities).
- Gain experience and apply knowledge of food science, the product development process and operation of a wide variety of food processing/packaging equipment.
- Apply principles from the various facets of food science and related disciplines to solve practical, real world problems. May include gathering and analyzing simple sets of data.
- Apply principles of food chemistry/analysis and sensory evaluation to modify recipe/formulation for specific purposes, such as nutrient enhancement, quality improvement and ingredient substitution.
- Practice the use of common food processing and storage methods to produce safe frozen, refrigerated, retorted, hot fill and/or dry mixed products.
- Develop and practice culinary skills while preparing various food products for review by sales/marketing staff and customers.
- Practice communication skills, use analytical techniques and apply critical thinking skills.
- Must have at least Junior status and major in Culinology, Food Science, Culinary Arts or related field with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Demonstrated leadership skills are necessary for success in this position.
- Possess a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States.
- Applicants must not now, or any time in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa.
Location and Hours:
- Position is based out of our Research & Development division at our Corporate Headquarters in Austin, MN
- Position is full time, 40 hours per week beginning late May and ending mid-August
- Competitive salary
- Paid housing allowance
- Reimbursement of all expenses incurred on the job
Please visit http://www.hormelfoods.com/careers to apply online.
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.