Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Packaging Engineering Intern
at Hormel Foods
Packaging Engineering Intern
Inspired People. Inspired Food.™
Established in 1891, Hormel Foods Corporation is a $9.5 billion Fortune 500 company based in Austin, Minn. Founded upon a commitment to the highest standards of food safety and product quality, Hormel Foods continues to expand as a global maker and marketer of consumer-branded foods. Even after 125 years, Hormel Foods follows the vision of its founder to "Originate, don't imitate," and seeks out people who make that a reality. Employees at Hormel Foods are highly regarded as some of the best and brightest in the industry. A career with Hormel Foods means joining a team of more than 20,000 people dedicated to inspiring each other and bettering food for all. Learn more at www.hormelfoods.com.
Job Purpose: To gain real world experience as a Packaging Engineer for a food manufacturing company
- Involved in one or more of the following assignments:
- Enter data into our packaging specification database system
- Evaluate barrier and abuse characteristics of various packaging materials
- Collaborate with suppliers concerning various packaging systems for our products
- Coordinate "Machine Trial Orders" as part of a label development
- Assist our Packaging Engineers in conducting various abuse tests such as drop, vibration and shipping tests
- Assist in the design of creative packaging options involving point of purchase and Club store displays
- Opportunities to gain knowledge of technical report preparation documenting test results
- Will complete a research project providing experience in true packaging research and development
- Must graduate in December 2017, May 2018 or August 2018 and major in Packaging Engineering with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Demonstrated leadership and persuasive skills are necessary for success in this position
- Possess a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or any time in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
Location and Hours:
- Position is based out of our Research and Development division at our Corporate Office headquarters in Austin, Minnesota
- Position is full time, 40 hours per week beginning late May and ending mid August
- Competitive salary
- Paid housing allowance
- Reimbursement of all expenses incurred on the job
Please visit http://www.hormelfoods.com/careers to apply online.
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.