Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Plant Engineering Intern
at Hormel Foods
Plant Maintenance Engineer Intern
Inspired People. Inspired Food.™
Established in 1891, Hormel Foods Corporation is a $9.5 billion Fortune 500 company based in Austin, Minn. Founded upon a commitment to the highest standards of food safety and product quality, Hormel Foods continues to expand as a global maker and marketer of consumer-branded foods. Even after 125 years, Hormel Foods follows the vision of its founder to "Originate, don't imitate," and seeks out people who make that a reality. Employees at Hormel Foods are highly regarded as some of the best and brightest in the industry. A career with Hormel Foods means joining a team of more than 20,000 people dedicated to inspiring each other and bettering food for all. Learn more at www.hormelfoods.com.
Job Purpose: To gain real world experience by performing the duties of their full time engineering counterparts, supervising maintenance personnel and directing the modification, improvement and installation of high-tech equipment in a manufacturing facility to maximize equipment and facility productivity at minimum cost
- Will be involved in one or more of the following assignments:
- Learn about Datastream 7i software and assist with ongoing implementation efforts
- Update engineering information on the plant water and industrial sewer systems
- Learn about system design and make recommendations regarding improvements which could include involvement with water-saving and energy conservation projects
- Update plant engineering information on the plant compressed air distribution system
- Become familiar with the design of plant air handling equipment and make recommendations to improve air balance within certain areas of the plant
- Supervise plant maintenance employees on a relief basis
- Must graduate in December 2018, May 2019 or August 2019 and major in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or a related engineering field with a minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA
- Demonstrated leadership, persuasive, initiative, analytical, and communication skills are necessary for success in this position
- Possess a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or any time in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
Location and Hours:
- Position is based out of one of our production facilities including Austin, Minnesota; Fremont Nebraska; Osceola, Iowa, or Rochelle, Illinois
- Internship is 6 months, full time, 40 hours per week, beginning late May and will be held on a summer and a semester basis, ending approximately in December
- Competitive salary
- Paid housing allowance
- Reimbursement of all expenses incurred on the job
Please visit http://www.hormelfoods.com/careers to apply online.
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.