Vanco Payment Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Support Specialist
at Vanco Payment Solutions
Position: Technical Support Specialist
Department: Client Success, Customer Service
Type: Full time, On-site
Location: Bloomington, MN
Experience Needed: 1 years’ experience in technical support or related field
Benefits: Employee Healthcare Benefits, Life and AD&D Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, 401(k) Plan
Who we are: At Vanco, we offer administration and payment solutions to the K12 market as well as arts education and community organizations. We are excited to delivering streamlined access and support through web-based solutions designed to address our industry’s unique needs. These values guide our relationships with clients, partners and each other, every day:
- Act with integrity
- Maintain transparency
- Focus on who we serve
- Create a positive workplace
Do you enjoy testing and resolving technical issues? Are you looking to join a quality team and work on a product you can believe in? We have a spot for a Technical Support Specialist in our Client Success department who has an aptitude for using many types of software and enjoys resolving technical issues.
Our company is growing rapidly, and this position is essential as it helps our Client Success team resolve more complex client issues and keeps them happy to be using our products. An affinity for technology and ability to interact well and communicate clearly is essential in this role.
Our team is collaborative, dedicated and always looking to serve. Coworkers are available to connect regularly. You’ll have check-ins with your supervisor to discuss needs and goals. We are looking for someone who will value this culture and fit right in.
What you’ll be doing:
Overall, you will be a technical expert for our internal team and clients. They will know you as a resource for day-to-day problem-solving and solutions as they use the software.
As you learn our software, processes and systems, you’ll research and resolve second level support requests in a timely manner. You’ll work with Client Service, Technology and clients. You’ll need to deal with requests in order of importance and maintain a consistent communication stream with internal team members and clients.
You’ll also get to work with and leverage relationships with 3rd party vendor technical resources. You’ll be learning and become an expert on integrations to various school food and fees platform suites. Once you’ve done that, you will spend time training clients, guiding them through integration installations and also documenting new and existing processes.
Who you are:
- You have your high school diploma, preferably a 2 or 4-year college degree in IS or IT
- 1 years’ experience in IT help desk, technical support or related field
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- You communicate effectively and efficiently in both written and verbal forms
- You adapt and are flexible when priorities shift or changes occur
- You have a strong ability to delve into, diagnose and solve issues
- You can build and maintain relationships with many types of people
- You demonstrate diplomatic communication and listen well
- Details don’t phase you
- You self-manage and meet established goals and deadlines
- You are able to learn quickly and have an affinity for technology
- You can master and train others on systems, products and processes
- You feel confident managing multiple projects and deadlines
- You manage time well and are reliable
It’s a bonus if you have experience with basic SQL and familiarity with the payment processing, e-commerce or banking industry. We would also love if you have experience working with 3rd party vendors.
What we offer:
- Opportunities to develop technical and leadership skills
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both outcome and culture
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities organized by the company
- Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Vanco is committed to serving those who improve their communities. We are a technology leader specializing in payment and donation processing, education administration software and event management. We serve more than 45,000 customers in education, faith-based organizations, nonprofits and professional services markets. Vanco earns the trust of clients by providing tools that reduce administrative burdens and costs, enable organizations to increase fundraising and simplify work. Vanco has offices across the United States and in Mexico and Australia.
Looking for an awesome place to work? Start a conversation with us today!