Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health Unit Coordinator - HUC - Part time
at Volunteers of America
The Homestead at Anoka
Health Unit Coordinator (HUC)
Volunteers of America is looking for a part time Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) to join its team.
Day Shift 9;30 am to 6:30 pm /24 hours per week and every 3rd weekend.
The HUC's role is to facilitate the maintenance of the resident's medical record, transcribes orders, set up appointments and transportation for residents.
Smooth and efficient unit operations are an essential part of our superior customer service standards. As one of our most valuable positions, our HUCs coordinate seamless and effective administrative tasks which directly impact resident care, including: facilitating the maintaining resident medical records, transcribing orders, setting up appointments and transportation for residents.
- Transcribe doctor's orders.
- Coordinate nursing unit administrative tasks, resident appointments & transportation.
- Medical chart management
- Role model the customer service expectation on the station.
- Prioritize, organize and coordinate administrative activities to facilitate smooth, efficient unit operations.
- Serve as the point person for the resident unit.
Work where you feel at home in beautiful surroundings.
The warm and caring atmosphere of our communities is created by nurses, environmental specialists, certified nursing assistants and other team members who love to help older adults feel healthy and at home.
At Volunteers of America, we're also dedicated to creating thoughtful, caring and flexible work environments for our team members. When you begin a career with us, expect the support you need to succeed in your role, respect for your individuality and beliefs, and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Our residents tell us they feel confident welcoming our team members into their homes, and how they soon feel like family. This sense of hospitality is also cultivated among our staff and leadership, and is part of our mission. We treat each other, and those in our care, as we would members of our family.
Enjoy the benefits of strong roots and steady growth.
- must be a licensed LPN in Minnesota.
- Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action..
- Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service technique.