Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Housekeeper - FT and PT
at Volunteers of America
Elder Homestead of Minnetonka is a premier living and care community, uniquely organized to provide residence, care services and amenities in a homelike, safe and compassionate environment where you can experience its country charm and peaceful setting.
We have FT and PT opening for immediate hire:
Monday - Friday and some weekends
- Start your journey with Volunteers of America today by applying online: http://www.jobs.net/jobs/voans/en-us
If you have a passion for working with seniors and are energetic, reliable, well organized - we'd like to talk with you. Here are Volunteers of America -Elder Homestead we put pride in our work and really have a genuine concern for the people in our care.
We are located just a short distance off the bus line for easy transportation to and from Elder
Job Duties: include but not limited to:
Performs defined cleaning procedures, using various chemicals and cleaning agents, supplies and equipment, including:
- Dusting/polishing and arranging furniture or equipment.
- Mopping and polishing floors.
- Vacuuming carpets and draperies.
- Scouring and sanitizing sinks, toilets, tubs and shower areas.
- Polishing plumbing fixtures.
- Cleaning mirrors, lighting fixtures, doors, carpets and furniture.
- Washing or spot cleaning walls.
- Removing stains and debris from floors, carpets and furniture.
- Removing, transporting and disposing of trash
- Previous institutional housekeeping/cleaning experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow procedures, work assignments, instructions, warnings and labels.
- Adequate strength, endurance and coordination to meet the strenuous physical demands of such responsibilities as dusting, mopping, vacuuming and scrubbing.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.