Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Life Enrichment Assistant
at Volunteers of America
If you are looking for a job that is fun, helps others and is rewarding - your search is over! Enjoy your work day making a difference in the lives of seniors by giving them the gift of FUN!
We are looking for PM shift 400p-830p with a rotation of weekends.
The primary responsibility of the Life Enrichment Assistant is to coordinate social, recreational, purposeful and spiritual activities for residents, whose needs include psychological, physical, and cognitive challenges.
The Homestead at Anoka is a senior living campus that provides housing and health care to seniors. We offer Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Support, Short-Term Rehabilitation and Long-Term Care.
As part of Volunteers of America, we are more than a nonprofit organization. We are a ministry of service that includes nearly 16,000 employees and more than 55,000 volunteers with a shared vision of a world where all people live in safety with social, emotional and physical well-being, spiritual fulfillment, justice and hope.
1. High school graduate or equivalent education is preferred. Preference given to persons who have completed courses in therapeutic recreation.
2. Minimum one year experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
3. If operating company vehicle you must be 21 years of age and meet the MVR organization standards.
4. Ability to read, understand and follow written and oral instructions; to prepare written reports and documentation.
5. Ability to work with residents of varying levels of responsiveness.
6. Motor coordination and manual dexterity required in working with craft projects and other resident activities.
7. Able and willing to work flexible hours, such as during evenings and weekends for planned activities events.
8. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.