Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Manager - Registered Nurse
at Volunteers of America
Start your New Year with a new job and join our team!
New Retention Incentives!!
Work in a beautiful Assisted Living in Northwest Rochester. If you love seniors and wish to make a difference - come join us!
In return for your service - we offer top benefits, scholarships, and a fun and supportive environment.
Volunteers of America is looking for a RN Night Nurse Manager to join our Homestead of Rochester Team! The primary purpose of the Nurse Manager is to supervise the day-to-day activities of the assigned nursing station(s).
***This is a salary position. Must be willing to work 3-12 hour days a week (36 hours total). Must be On-Call every 6 weeks***
1. Nursing Care Functions
a. Directs and oversees the nursing staff to ensure the nursing procedures are followed and reflect the current policies and procedures of the facility.
b. Monitor medication passes and treatment schedules to assure that medications and treatments are being administered as ordered.
c. Perform direct care related activities as the need arises.
d. Participates in the development of policies and procedures pertaining to resident care.
e. Perform daily rounds of the nursing unit to ensure that all nursing service personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
f. Assist in developing methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident services to ensure that continuity of the resident's total regimen of care.
g. Participate in the development, maintenance and implementation of the facilities CQI/QA program.
h. Complete and investigate accident/incident reports and assist with abuse/neglect reporting to specific agencies as needed.
i. Acts as a liaison between physician, resident, family and resident care team to ensure physician orders are accurately carried out and documented using the information from the resident's plan of care.
j. Completes and updates the HCFA 802 weekly in preparation for the weekly interdisciplinary meetings.
k. Initiate and resolve follow-up and problem charting as needed.
l. Participates in weekly resident and family care conferences.
2. Care Plan and Assessment Function:
a. Review new admission and transfers for appropriate assessment and documentation.
b. Assure completion of all necessary assessments required for the RAI process.
c. Participation in the development and ongoing review of the written plan of care for each resident for appropriate resident goals, problems, approaches and revisions based on nursing needs.
d. Assist in the monitoring and assessment of seriously ill residents as needed.
e. Determine and authorize with the interdisciplinary team the appropriate use of chemical and physical restraints/devices when necessary in accordance with facility policy.
f. Review nurses' notes, NA care sheets to ensure compliance with the resident plan of care.
g. Complete and/or participate in the MDS/RAI process as determined by facility policy. Review for accuracy and timeliness per Federal Requirements.
h. Direct communication with the MDS/PPS Coordinator and/or Medicare Nurse.
3. Committee Functions
* Serve on, participate in and attend various committees and meetings of the facility to which you are assigned.
4. Personnel Functions
a. Assists with the coordination of staffing patterns and productive nursing hours as delegated by the Director of Nursing.
b. Responsible for holding staff accountable for correctly following policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook and nursing job descriptions.
c. Completes employee evaluations in a timely manner as directed.
d. Assists with disciplinary actions as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
e. Coordinates and conducts routine nursing staff meetings on assigned unit.
f. On-call as delegated by the Director of Nursing Services.
g. Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line modules.
5. Staff Development
* Assist the education director in identifying ongoing educational and training needs.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Current Licensure in the state of employment as a Registered Nurse.
2. Registered Nurse with previous long-term care experience.
3. Good problem solver with abilities to make independent judgments utilizing initiative, discretion and the nursing process as needed.
4. Demonstrates leadership ability.
5. Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
6. Ability to prioritize duties.
7. Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
8. Ability to complete assigned duties within a constantly changing environment.
9. Must possess effective management and supervisory skills.
10. Clinical competence to utilize the nursing process to perform physical and cognitive assessments of residents.
11. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.