Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volunteers of America
PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS: Residents, family members, physicians and co-workers.
Are you looking for flexibility?
How does the idea of 12 hour shifts, with ADDITIONAL DAYS OFF sound? The Homestead at Anoka has created new 12 HOUR schedules! 600a-630p OR 600p-630a with every 3rd weekend and every 3rd holiday.
GREAT STAFFING RATIOS TOO!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides Leadership and Direction on Assigned Unit
- Role models positive communication skills with NA/R's, C.N.A.'s, HHA's, STNAs, TMA's (if applicable), interdisciplinary team, supervisory and management team, customers, residents and families.
- Listen to shift report and keep open lines of communication with supervisor, co-workers and on-coming shift.
- Make rounds to residents to observe their physical and psychosocial status.
- Assign personnel appropriately to meet resident needs.
- Ensure that unit personnel on your shift are carrying out their assignments.
- Attend nurses and team meetings as scheduled and/or assigned.
- Initiate disciplinary action when the performance of personnel warrants such action.
- Report occupational exposures to needlesticks, blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with facility policy and procedures governing accidents and incidents.
- Resident Care Functions
- Maintains competence in all required skills within the facility.
- Treats and ensures that residents are treated with respect and dignity.
- Immediately reports any suspected abuse or neglect per company policy
- Perform nursing techniques for the comfort and well being of the resident.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments per MD orders.
- Is drug knowledgeable and reports resident response, side effects, responds to drug considerations and reports problems or potential problems to the physicians.
- Maintains all required documentation in an accurate and timely manner according to policies and procedures of the facility.
- Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding monitoring of vital signs, weights, administration of medications and treatments.
- Make physician calls to report resident change in condition.
- Keep families updated on resident conditions.
- Comply with acute emergency protocols and tasks involved in the event of a 911 call.
- Follows all DNR/DNI/CPR/Comfort Care protocols and orders.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Current licensure in the state of employment as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR Registration.
- Maintenance of required CEU's.
- Experience in long-term care preferred.
- Good problem solver with abilities to make independent judgments utilizing initiative, discretion and the nursing process as needed.
- Demonstrates leadership ability.
- Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
- Ability to prioritize duties.
- Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
- Clinical competence to utilize the nursing process to perform physical and cognitive assessments of residents.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Must be a team player.