Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Analytic Consultant 5 - Reference Data Engagement Lead
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Data Management & Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
The Wholesale Data Office team delivers trusted, reliable data which drives strategic decisions, enables business growth, and facilitates a strong risk discipline. We enable usage of common data that is complete, trusted, understood, and aligned with our financial reporting.
This position will be supporting our iHub service with the Business Data services team. ihub is an authorized provision point which standardizes common foundational data and distributes to downstream applications and reporting services. The position will support a number iHub workstreams tied to risk, regulatory and internal business line initiatives primarily focusing on loan and leasing data supporting our eOne initiatives. The eONE initiative seeks to build a 'one number' instrument data foundation that is complete, reliable, and aligned to the general ledger. The initiative will also establish the authoritative data source for common data elements between Corporate Finance and Corporate Risk management to support in scope risk and regulatory reporting. eONE will create a federated, coordinated set of applications and databases to support risk and finance, which will allow for agile and accurate risk and regulatory reporting and analytics that complies with BCBS 239, G&O and the Wells Fargo Enterprise Data Governance Policies and Standards
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* The applicant should have a strong data management, Wholesale business background, and experience leading project workstreams.
* The Reference Data Consultant will manage and maintain iHub reference data.
* The position will provide ongoing maintenance of existing iHub reference data as well as support Enterprise reference data initiatives.
* Ensure data integrity within reference data tables, understand the meaning of the reference data and can convey that to others - team members and consumers.
* Engage with Enterprise Master & Reference data teams to understand and apply Enterprise requirements and reference data policies.
* Engage with Consumer Engagement Manager to understand, document and implement consumer requirements.
* Socialize and provide guidance amongst iHub Business Analysts to ensure consistent reference data mapping.
* You will be expected to perform complex analysis of datasets, build data mapping, and conduct data validation.
* You will have the opportunity to interact with business and technology partners across Wholesale such as Risk, Finance, Lines of Business, and Systems of Record owners.
Other Desired Qualifications
* Proven experience working with data problems to solve and come up with innovative ideas and make things happen without management direction
* Knowledge and understanding of wholesale banking: products, platforms, policies, processes, and procedures
* Experience with database platforms such as Oracle, Hadoop, or Teradata
* Techno-functional skills with exposure to various banking products
* Positive, people oriented, and energetic attitude
* Strong communication skills to effectively work with Finance, Risk, Regulatory, and remote team members
* Ability to manipulate data from non-normalized or disparate data sources
* Clear understanding of data warehousing principles, dimensional data and data modeling
* Preferably experience with Oracle Financial Services Data Foundation(FSDF) implementation
* Previous experience managing reference data
* Understanding of regulatory reference data
* Preferable understanding of OFSAA (FSDF) Dimension table structure or general understanding of FACT/DIM table structure
* Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.